Types and uses of marine propellers / thrusters
With the development of the shipbuilding industry getting stronger and stronger, marine propellers are indispensable to users. Only by understanding the basic characteristics of marine propellers can we reasonably choose and use marine propellers. Regarding marine propellers, MARINEUSEDGOOD CO.,LTD will give you a basic introduction.
Marine propulsion devices and systems include main propulsion controllable pitch propeller system, azimuth rudder propeller (divided into CP and FP two types) system, lateral thruster (side thrust) (divided into CP and FP two types) system and other major series.
Marine propellers are divided into main propulsion, side propulsion, rudder propeller, etc. The main propulsion has adjustable pitch type and fixed pitch type. The adjustable pitch type is generally widely used in ships that require relatively high flexibility, such as tugboats that serve offshore oil platforms, and light frigates.
Advantages of marine propeller: ( SUMMARY BY MARINEUSEDGOOD CO.,LTD )
1. The impact on the host is small when the host starts, because it can be started with zero load (mainly achieved by controlling the angle of the blade)
2. It is also very economical for the ship to sail, it can be realized through the joint control of the main engine (connected with the main engine governor)
3. The flexibility of ship operation is greatly enhanced. For example, when the ship is docked at the dock or oil platform, the dynamics of the ship can be realized by controlling the angle of the blades (because it can realize the ship's dynamics by changing the direction of the blades. Entering and reversing, this can liberate the diesel gear box and greatly reduce the labor of the engineer.
4. It can be used together with the shaft generator (it is the best choice for ships with higher requirements for ship electricity).
Disadvantages of marine propellers: ( SUMMARY BY MARINEUSEDGOOD CO.,LTD )
1. The structure is complex and it is difficult to maintain.
2. Difficult to use for high-horsepower ships (usually used for ships less than 20,000 tons)
3. The operation requirements for personnel are also relatively high.
4. High cost. For fixed-propeller propellers, they are mainly used for ships that require relatively large horsepower, and are simple to operate, but require relatively high gearboxes and clutches and low requirements for ship flexibility.
Conventionally it is driven by diesel engine and motor driven and there is hydraulic driven too.
Submitted by MARINEUSEDGOOD CO.,LTD